Archive & Digitization
MISSIONCuba boasts a rich and diverse historical audiovisual heritage. The Tropix team brings guidance and expertise in the field of digitization in order to preserve and protect the wealth of this cultural history. Our mission is to rescue the film, video & audio collections of the country, first within the vast collection of the Cuban Institute of Radio and Television (ICRT) and, subsequently, from additional organizations and institutions within Cuba, as well as Latin America. A complex process of preparation is performed prior to digitization to ensure and optimize the best results. Prior to digitization, the large volume of files demand a separate process that begins with the identification and evaluation of each piece of content and its state of conservation. The management of this metadata gives these digital archives a high value due to the meticulous organization and recovery efforts performed by Tropix. All these processes are supported by specially designed software created inhouse, which allows us to navigate effortlessly and strategically through the vast digital archives. The cornerstone of this department is its professionalism and passion, each member promoting teamwork, responsibility, integrity, transparency and honesty.
Inventory to Collections of Assets
- Realization of specialized inventory to collections of videotapes, audio and cinema to third parties.
- Personalization of the Asset Management System (AMS +) for third parties.
- After-sales service, update and support, Asset Management System (AMS +).
- Organization of collections of assets to third parties.
- Digitalization of video, audio and cinema tapes, in any format, to third-party clients.
- Transcoding of digital files to other formats.
- Storage on the servers of the Digital Collections Center for previously established periods.
- Storage of a digital collection in new HDD (change to new HDD or change to other HDD formats).
- Secure storage, for long periods, of digital collections.
- Rental of spaces with temperature and humidity for the conservation and storage of physical assets.
Descriptive Metadata / Access to Digital Collections
- Insertion of descriptive metadata in digital audio, video and cinema files.
- Specialized search in digital audio, video and cinema collections.
- Design of technological solutions for the digitization of audio, video and film tapes.
- Installation and configuration of technology specialized in audio, video and cinema digitalization.
- Repair and maintenance of audio, video and cinema tape playback equipment.
- Audiovisual archival products, in digital format, as a result of a personalized search within the archive.
- Thematic collections with archival material in digital format: Audiovisual products related to a specific topic.
- Asset Management System (AMS +): specialized software, designed for the identification, registration and classification of audiovisual media: films, videos and audio tapes, both in its digital version and in a single work space that allows organize, control and manage the collections.
- MAM: Management platform and management of large collections of audiovisual archives.